We at healthy hearing, make sure that our clients get the very best services by recruiting qualified and registered professionals only.
Hearing Consultation: If you are having doubts about your hearing or your loved ones are asking you to get your hearing checked then a hearing consultation from a registered audiologist is a vital first step.
- Possible causes of hearing difficulty: Your journey to better hearing will start with an initial discussion of your present hearing difficulties and a systematic review of any related past medical history. Here we are looking for causes of your hearing difficulties.
- Otoscopic examination: Following which a thorough otoscopic examination will be done by your audiologist. Here we scrutinize your ear canal and ear drum for potential problems including excess ear wax build up, anomalies of ear drum such as perforation or fluid buildup in the middle ear.
- Select hearing tests: Next your audiologist will select 2-4 hearing evaluation tests based on the previous data collected and observations of otoscopic evaluation. These tests are non-invasive and may require you to listen to some sound and respond to them as instructed or repeat certain words.
- Counseling session- know your ear and your hearing problem: your audiologist will explicitly discuss with you the results of your hearing tests, possible causes of your hearing difficulties, suggest the best course of action and preview difficulties which may occur if the problem is left untreated.
- Experience the joy of hearing again: suitable hearing aid will be selected and fitted by your audiologist to provide you live experience of hearing with hearing aids.
- Recommendations and referrals: your audiologist will give proper guidance and let you know if you are in need of any related health care services and refer you accordingly.
Test: State-of-the-science diagnostic and screening instruments are used to get precise results which are then interpreted by qualified professionals to ensure accurate diagnosis.
- Pure Tone Audiometry: A fundamental audiometric test to establish hearing threshold, used to determine the type and manner of hearing loss.
- High Frequency Pure Tone Audiometry: A test that is used to determine hearing thresholds beyond 8KHz
- Speech Audiometry:Avail one to one consultation and speech therapy session from our team of dedicated speech and language therapist. Speech Therapy for Autism Spectrum Disorder and other childhood communication disorders.
- Special tests (SISI,TDT, ABLB, etc): Traditional site of lesion audiometric test used to differentially diagnosis cochlear v/s retro-cochlear pathology.
- Tinnitus matching: common tinnitus sounds are presented to the patient to identify their specific perception of tinnitus. It provides baseline for subsequent tinnitus management therapies.
- Tinnitus retraining therapy: aimes at habituating tinnitus perception and tinnitus evoked brain and body reactions through counselling and sound therapy.
- Tympanometry/ impedance audiometry:An objective test to determine the condition of middle ear and ear drum movement.
- Eustachaian tube function (ETF) test: To check if the e-tube is functioning properly.
- Reflex decay test: Its helpful in interpreting and differentiating auditory test results.
- Hearing aid trail: hearing aids are programmed and fitted so that you can experience hearing with hearing aids live.
- New Born Hearing Screening
- Complete Diagnostic Hearing Assessment For Infants And Children
- Otoacoustic Emissions (OAE)
- Auditory Brainstem Response Testing (ABR/ BERA)
- Auditory Steady State Response (ASSR)
- Cochlear Implants (CI)
- Bone Anchored Hearing Aids (BAHA)
- Vestibular Evoked Myogenic Potential (VEMP)
- Electronystagmography (ENG)
- Elcetrocochleography (ECochG)
Pure Tone Audiometry (PTA): We have the PTA test facility and high frequency PTA test facility to identify the hearing threshold limit of an individual patient. It is the primary test the degree and type of hearing loss. In addition to PTA we have high frequency PTA test facility to determine the frequencies beyond 8khz. It is tested and recorded in addition to the conventional PTA.
Tympanometry: We have the tympanometry test procedure to evaluate the condition of middle ear and the eardrum through variation of air pressure in the ear canal. We also have the handheld portable version of this device to increase our mobility and reach. Acoustic reflex pathway is also evaluated through reflexometry.
Special Tests( SISI, TDT, ABLB etc.): We have the special test like SISI, TDT and ABLB which are traditional audiometry test to identify the problems in cochlear and retro cochlear region. These tests were developed as traditional audio logical site of lesion test and have been included in the audiology test battery. Among others they are used to differentiate between cochlear and retro-cochlear pathology, or to check for recruitment etc.
BERA:- Here at Healthy Hearing we have the best Audiologist and expert healthcare professionals to perform the Brain Stem Evoked Response Audiometry(BERA) test to identify and evaluate the approximate average hearing threshold level of the patient. It’s an accurate test to identify hearing impairment at early stage. Our latest version of this testing device also includes the wireless facility.
ASSR:- We also have the objective test like Auditory Steady State Response(ASSR) for new-born hearing screening and to evaluate the hearing ability in children.
VEMP:- Now we have the latest Vestibular Evoked Myogenic Potential (VEMP) testing infrastructure and devices to determine the vestibular functions of a patient’s ear by using repetitive and loud sound stimulus and sound wave frequencies to the ear and evaluate the muscle activity in response to each sound pulse. We are proud to announce that we are among those few esteemed organizations who has this neurophysiological assessment testing to determine the function of otolithic organs of the inner ear.
ECochG :- We also have the upgraded and latest Electrocochleography (ECochG) test for the patients who are suspected to have Meniere’s disease and other disorders. ECochG is a variant of brainstem Audio evoked response (ABR). We also perform this test to identify the temporary threshold shift that may follow noise injury.
Speech & Language Evaluation:- We have the pool of proficient speech therapists and psychotherapists to to measure the speech and language development of a child and to determine the source of communication problem. We perform this test to know the status of a kid’s language development skills and articulation.
Voice & Stammering Therapy:- Here at Healthy Hearings our best Speech and language therapists and our healthcare staff will work with the patient and his/her relatives to make a best plan for this specialized treatment and can surely make a significant improvement by reducing the impact and severity of stammering in their life.
Occupational Therapy:- We have the best experts and professionals to perform this therapy by assessing and the use of systematic and scientific intervention to develop, maintain and sustain the meaningful activities or occupation of our clients. We have the most efficient occupational therapists to help you to overcome this problems.
Audiologists are specially trained professionals who diagnoses, and treat hearing loss. Other professionals like doctors; nurse practitioners can identify potential hearing loss but would refer you to an audiologist for screening, diagnosis and treatment of hearing loss.
Causes for hearing loss are varied. Following are few of the common causes of hearing loss.
- Viral Infections (Such As Measles)
- Excessive Noise Exposure
- Inner Ear Disease
- Genetic Factors
- Infection Of the Middle Ear
Unfortunately most forms of hearing loss are permanent. As a result hearing losses are best managed by hearing aids fitted by hearing care professionals (audiologists). Other causes of hearing loss like infection of the middle ear, ear discharge, impacted wax, etc are treatable by medication and/ or surgery by an ENT specialist/ otologist.
There are innumerable benefits to treat your hearing loss immediately. To state a few proper and timely management of hearing loss enhances your quality of life, and protects you from several health downsides including risk of dementia, risk of falling, increased hospitalization, depression, etc.
Apart from hearing issues untreated hearing loss may lead to depression, feeling of social isolation, employment issues, higher risk of trips or falls especially in the older age group resulting in reduced quality of life and wellbeing. Some studies have linked untreated hearing loss to headaches, fatigue, increased stress, drop in self esteem, and impaired memory.
Sudden hearing losses are considered as a medical emergency as such you should immediately visit your ENT and also get your hearing assessed from an audiologist.
- Better understanding of complex signals such as speech
- Better understanding of speech in group conversation/ noisy environment such as a bus stop/railway station.
- Better ability to localize the sound source/ tell the direction of sound/speech
- Better ability to hear soft sounds at lower amplification.
- more smooth and natural hearing
- Better sound identification
- Since both ears are aided both ears are active this eliminates auditory deprivation effect and helps prevent worsening hearing loss.
- Binaural hearing makes hearing relaxing and makes hearing is less tiresome and more enjoyable.
- Promotes feeling of balanced hearing
Patient satisfaction is way better for binaural hearing aid fitting as compared to monoaural fit.